We all have that friend: You're in a bar, a song starts playing, and they inevitably start belting out lyrics. You're not sure what lyrics they're singing, but they're definitely not right.
They are, however, hilarious. For example, Elton John's "Tiny Dancer." We know the lyrics aren't "Hold me closer, Tony Danza," but... maybe they SHOULD be.
With that in mind, here are some famously misheard lyrics that are far more entertaining than the originals.
1. Jimi Hendrix – Purple Haze
Actual lyrics: "Excuse me while I kiss the sky."
2. Bon Jovi – Living On A Prayer
Actual lyrics: "It doesn’t make a difference if we make it or not."
3. ABBA - Dancing Queen
Actual lyrics. "Dancing queen, feel the beat from the tamborine."
4. The Monkees – I'm A Believer
Actual lyrics: "Then I saw her face, now I'm a believer."
5. Johnny Nash – I Can See Clearly Now
Actual lyrics: "I can see clearly now, the rain is gone."
6. Queen – We Will Rock You
Actual lyrics: "Kicking your can all over the place."
7. Billy Joel - We Didn't Start the Fire
Actual lyrics: "We didn't start the fire. It was always burning since the world's been turning."
8. Bob Marley - Stir It Up
Actual lyrics: "Stir it up, little darlin', stir it up."
9. Credence Clearwater Revival - Bad Moon Rising
Actual lyrics: "There's a bad moon on the rise."
10. Fifth Dimension - Aquarius
Actual lyrics: "This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius."
11. R.E.M. - Losing My Religion
Actual lyrics: "That's me in the corner, that's me in the spotlight."
12. Bob Dylan - Blowin' In The Wind
Actual lyrics: "The answer my friend, is blowin' in the wind."
13. Pearl Jam - Yellow Ledbetter
Actual lyrics: ....?