We already knew "Game of Thrones" was headed to Dorne in Season 5, but now we finally know who will be playing Oberyn Martell's Dornish relatives.
At the "Game of Thrones" panel at San Diego Comic-Con on Friday, HBO showed a reel announcing the new members of the cast. Get ready for a couple familiar faces to show up in the Seven Kingdoms along with a bunch of new ones you may not know yet. Meet the newest cast members in the video above and learn more about them below:
- Alexander Siddig, who you might remember as Doctor Bashir from "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" and Hamri Al-Assad from "24," will play Oberyn's older brother, Doran Martell. Doran was supposed to attend Joffrey and Margaery's wedding last season, but couldn't due to his poor health. In this season we'll not only meet Doran, but see how he reacts to the death of his brother.
- Toby Sebastian will play Trystane Martell, heir to Dorne and son of Prince Doran. Trystsane has also been promised to Cersei's daughter, Myrcella, as part of the alliance offered by Tywin. If you spend much time on Sophie Tuner's Instagram, you may also recognize Sebastian as her co-star in their upcoming film "Barely Lethal." In one photo caption, she calls him her boyfriend, so maybe that's what helped him get the "GoT" gig (or maybe she was just joking around).
- Myrcella Baratheon has been recast with the actress Nell Tiger Free. We haven't seen Myrcella since Season 2 when she was sent to Dorne, so it only makes sense that HBO would recast her with a new actress.
- DeObia Oparei, from "Moulin Rouge!" and "Alien 3," will play Areo Hotah, the long-serving captain of Doran Martell’s palace guard, renowned for his loyalty and his longaxe.
- Enzo Cilenti, from HBO's "Rome," will play Yezzan, who was an extremely wealthy slave trader before Daenerys Targaryen outlawed the slave trade.
- From BBC's "Silk," Jessica Henwick will join the cast as Nymeria (“Nym”) Sand, the second eldest of Oberyn’s bastard daughters. Her mother was an Eastern noblewoman who brought Nym up to be cultured, graceful and deadly with a whip.
- Italian actress Rosabell Laurenti Sellers will play the daughter of Oberyn and his lover Ellaria Sand, Tyene Sand. Tyene is also well-trained with weapons and will have a pair of twin daggers.
- From "Whale Rider," Keisha Castle-Hughes will play Obara Sand, the eldest bastard daughter of Oberyn Martell and a Dornish peasant girl.
- Jonathan Pryce, best known from "Pirates of the Caribbean" and "Brazil" will play the High Sparrow, a devout and pious man who came to King’s Landing to serve the poor, the downtrodden and the infirm. He quickly gained a large following of believers who His fellow believers who have decried the corruption of the city.
THE spot for your favorite fan theories and the best Netflix recs. Learn more