Man Dies After Vibrator Gets Stuck In Rectum

08/12/2014 12:18 pm ET | Updated Aug 13, 2014

A 50-year-old British man died earlier this year after a vibrator became stuck in his rectum, a coroner's inquest heard Tuesday. Nigel Willis, who was unemployed and lived with his elderly mother, was rushed to Lewisham Hospital on Dec. 30, 2013 after the sex toy got stuck inside him for five days.

Willis, who was diabetic, became progressively weaker, and was unable to move from his couch during that time. He only sought assistance after a friend learned of the problem and begged him to get help.

Doctors said that the vibrator had perforated the man's bowel. Willis developed septic shock and suffered multiple organ failure, the coroner ruled. His condition deteriorated over a lengthy stay in the ICU. He died Feb. 7.

"The main cause of death clearly is just the abdomen injury -- the injury to the bowel," Assistant Coroner for inner-south London Sarah Ormand-Walshe said, according to the Daily Mail.

Like Us On Facebook |
Follow Us On Twitter |
Contact The Author

YOU MAY LIKE

CONVERSATIONS