Kesha Files Lawsuit Against Dr. Luke For Sexual Assault And Battery (UPDATE)

10/14/2014 01:38 pm ET | Updated Oct 21, 2014

Kesha has filed a lawsuit against her former producer, Dr. Luke, claiming he sexually, physically, verbally and emotionally abused her for 10 years, reports TMZ.

According to the filing, the 27-year-old singer claims that the producer, whose real name is Lukasz Gottwald, made repeated sexual advances against her. The lawsuit also alleges that Gottwald would force Kesha to use drugs and alcohol to lower her defenses.

Kesha also asserts that on one occasion, Gottwald gave her what he called "sober pills." The singer says she later woke up in Gottwald's bed, naked and sore, with no memory of how she got there.

Kesha's lawyer, Mark Geragos, explained to TMZ that the lawsuit is a "wholehearted effort" by the singer to "regain control of her music career after suffering for 10 years as a victim of mental manipulation, emotional abuse and an instance of sexual assault at the hands of Dr. Luke."

The singer is asking a judge to let her out of a contract with the producer, and hopes this lawsuit will present the evidence necessary to prove the contract must be broken.

Previously, Kesha's mother, Pebe Sebert, spoke out against Gottwald and blamed him for her eating disorder. In January, while Kesha was seeking treatment for her eating disorder, Sebert told People magazine that Gottwald once compared the pop star to a "refrigerator" at one of her video shoots, and asked if she could please get her weight under control -- a claim that Gottwald's rep denied at the time.

HuffPost Entertainment has contacted Gottwald's rep for comment on the new lawsuit. This post will be updated if and when they respond.

UPDATE: TMZ reports that Gottwald has filed his own suit against Kesha, and alleges she is making up claims to get out of her contract.

Gottwald's lawyer, Christine Lepera, told TMZ the singer's sexual assault lawsuit is "a campaign of publishing outrageous and untrue statements," and claims Kesha and her mother have already admitted the statements are false.

According to Gottwald's lawsuit, he claims that Kesha attempted to extort him by threatening to spread lies about him to a fan who runs a "Free Kesha" website dedicated to getting the singer released from her contract, unless he did just that.

UPDATE 2, Oct. 21: TMZ has obtained a 2011 deposition from a lawsuit in which Kesha and Gottwald were being sued by her former manager. According to the deposition, the singer states she and Gottwald never had an "intimate relationship," and also states he never gave her a "roofie."

The deposition is now being used in Kesha's current case against Gottwald, a move the singer's lawyer calls, "a pathetic attempt to once again blame the victim." Geragos told TMZ that Kesha lied in the 2011 deposition because, "Luke walked Kesha down the beach and threatened to destroy Kesha's life and the lives of her family if she didn't cover up his sexual assaults."

Also on HuffPost:

Celebrity News & Photos

CONVERSATIONS