Location: New York City
Position Type: Full Time
About the Role:
The Huffington Post is seeking a news editor to handle line and copy editing in our Entertainment department, which includes content that ranges from celebrity news to sports. The ideal candidate will be an excellent writer and editor with prior experience in the digital realm, who can keep calm in breaking news situations and just as easily handle heavily researched features. The editor should be a thorough and experienced fact checker and be confident hitting "publish." A successful candidate will have a wide knowledge base, be a quick study, hold high editorial standards and have a firm grasp of AP style and grammar.
* Work closely with the Editorial Director and a team of 20+ writers, reporters and editors
* Edit ~20 stories on a daily basis
* Have an eye for packaging and multimedia opportunities
* Maintain and refine the HuffPost Entertainment voice
* Ability to write socially geared, shareable headlines
* Apply SEO best practices and optimize for social whenever possible
* Flag issues big and small, recurring mistakes and opportunities for improvement and communicate them to the appropriate reporter/writer/editor
* Be receptive and adapt quickly to newsroom wide changes and new policies
Requirements for Success:
* At least two years of editing experience
* Passionate and knowledgeable about entertainment, culture and sports
* BA in English or Journalism
* Familiarity with web writing, SEO and AP Style
* Superior communication skills
* Strong or unique social media presence a plus
* Sense of humor also a plus!
Interested? Email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with "Entertainment News Editor" in the subject line.
Huffington Post Media Group is an AOL company. AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.
The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, commentary, entertainment, features and lifestyle content, as well as a platform for a highly engaged community of opinion and conversation. With nearly 130 million unique visitors each month (comScore), it is the largest news site in the US. The site has more than 85,000 bloggers -- from politicians, students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real time on the subjects about which they are most passionate. HuffPost is a global publication, with editions in the UK, Canada, France, Spain, Italy, Japan, Maghreb, Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Greece and India and more on the way, including Australia.