Ah yes, the female orgasm. What a mysterious and wonderful gift from Mother Nature to women everywhere.
A new video from Wired explains the ins and outs of the female orgasm and how women reach climax both physically and chemically. Unlike the male orgasm that's "an explosive affair," as the video states, women's orgasms work behind closed doors leaving us many times in the dark about what's actually happening during climax.
To help out with this confusion, here are eight facts about the female orgasm:
1. The clitoris has a whole lot of nerve endings -- approximately 8,000 give or take.
2. Most women need direct clitoral stimulation in order to orgasm. (It takes work, people.)
3. Some women can even orgasm just from kissing. Kissing is basically magic.
4. A woman’s pain threshold can increase up to 107 percent during climax.
5. A small percentage of women reported being able to orgasm during childbirth. One small perk, at least.
6. Women can orgasm from having anal sex.
7. Ten percent of women report achieving orgasm through exercise. Now there's an incentive to go to the gym.
8. The vaginal orgasm is basically a myth. Womp, womp.
Watch the rest of the video above to learn more fun facts about the clitoris and her orgasms.
H/T Elite Daily
RELATED ON HUFFPOST:
How will Donald Trump’s first 100 days impact YOU? Subscribe, choose the community that you most identify with or want to learn more about and we’ll send you the news that matters most once a week throughout Trump’s first 100 days in office. Learn more