It's easy to get stuck in a style rut and end up wearing the same silhouettes, colors and brands every day. But here at The Huffington Post, we challenge you to change it up.
Below you'll find a list of 30 style risks we dare you to take before you turn 30 (but we're not discriminating -- all ages are welcome to take part in the challenge). And a note to all: for the love of all things holy, please don't try these at the office -- no one wants to see you wearing a crop top and ripped jeans to your next board meeting.
1. Wear sweatpants out of the house. Like, to dinner. Try to dress them up. Not only will you be the most comfortable person at the table, but you will also be the only one who doesn't have to unbutton their pants after the meal.
2. Get an edgy haircut. Cut it all off, get a bob ... hey, sometimes even a few inches makes hair edgier.
3. Try a wig. If you're too scared to get that bold haircut.
4. Dye your hair a crazy color. Go blue! Or platinum! Or pink!
5. Do the whole socks and sandals thing. This is an especially great way to break in a new pair of shoes.
6. Get a piercing somewhere other than your ears. Septum, septum, septum!
7. Instead of a bikini, try a monokini or a one-piece. Yes, it will change up your tan lines, but it will also allow you to move around in the water without fear of a wardrobe malfunction.
8. Wear an ear cuff. The crazier, the better.
9. Wear heels so high you can barely walk in them. But make sure you pack flats in your purse, just in case.
10. Go out in a pair of ripped jeans. They provide great ventilation.
11. Grow out your eyebrows. Put down your tweezers and let 'em do their natural thing.
12. Carry a backpack. Relive your middle school years. Your shoulders will thank you.
13. Power clash. Yes, we're talking about wearing stripes and polka dots, and plaid and florals.
14. Rock a crop top. Pair it with something high-waisted if you don't want to expose your entire midriff.
15. Revisit your youth and wear pigtails. You will most likely get carded again, so beware.
16. Try a backless dress. Nothing is sexier, we swear.
17. Splurge on one item. Make it something you don't need, but really want.
18. Rock an anklet. Or a choker. Or a toe ring.
19. Wear a huge hat. One that blocks your view, your friend's view, everyone's view.
20. Get a tattoo. And if you're too scared, try a flash tattoo.
21. Test out some crazy makeup colors. Blue eyeliner, purple mascara, green lipstick -- go wild.
22. Wear hoops bigger than your head. You know you want to.
23. Wear something from the men's section. None of your girlfriends will be in the same outfit, we promise.
24. Buy overalls. Or dig out a pair from the '90s and wear them on the streets.
25. Wear that thing you always try on but then always take off. You know what we're talking about.
26. Get your jewelry from Claire's. That way if you lose it, no harm, no foul.
27. Go for a short hemline. Hey, you only live once.
28. Wear something that is older than you. A.k.a., go vintage shopping.
30. Wear an entire outfit that costs less than $100. Yup, we're challenging you.
ALSO ON HUFFPOST STYLE:
HuffPost Lifestyle is a daily newsletter that will make you happier and healthier — one email at a time. Learn more