In today's food-centric world, one of the hardest things to be is a picky eater. Vegans are well accepted. Those abstaining from gluten have a whole grocery aisle with options devoted just to them. But people who aren't up to trying kimchi or who want nothing to do with cold-pressed juices are regarded with disdain.
Articles upon articles are written on how to feed picky eaters, but maybe picky eaters don't want to be cured. It's a cruel, cruel world for those who order the same thing at every single restaurant. Here are the 12 everyday struggles that only a picky eater would understand.
1. You break into a sweat when you go out to a new restaurant without being able to check out the menu beforehand.
2. You'll never understand why all your favorite foods always show up on the kid's menu.
Chicken tenders for life.
3. Pizza toppings confuse you.
Why mess with the perfection that is cheese pizza?
4. You're constantly made fun of for eating the same lunch for the past 10 years.
But it never gets old.
5. You're embarrassed to admit that you secretly love chain restaurants.
Because you always know what to expect.
6. Sharing a meal is an impossible and anxiety-inducing task.
People just don't know how to keep foods basic.
7. Being invited over to a friend's house for dinner is basically the worst kind of surprise.
8. Traveling excites you, but you can never do it.
Because the idea of eating unfamiliar foreign foods keeps your suitcase under the bed.
9. You know people are silently judging you because you always order the mac and cheese.
But you just don't care.
10. You've mastered the art of spitting food out into a napkin without anyone noticing.
But is that really a great skill to have?
11. The fact that people voluntarily eat fungi is one of life's great mysteries.
12. Upscale, trendy restaurants are your nemesis.
They're always messing with the classics.
RELATED ON HUFFPOST:
HuffPost Lifestyle is a daily newsletter that will make you happier and healthier — one email at a time. Learn more