It looks like Ewan McGregor's Obi-Wan may be back.
According to Schmoes Know, the actor is rumored to be in talks with Disney about reviving his Obi-Wan Kenobi character for an upcoming "Star Wars" standalone film. An Obi-Wan spinoff has been rumored for a while now -- however, Schmoes Know reports that sources claim Disney is courting McGregor not only for one film, but for a trilogy of Obi-Wan movies. Cinelinx first reported this rumor last October.
But what era of Obi-Wan are we talking about here? A source told Schmoes Know that Disney envisions McGregor "not to be a force ghost, but for a post-'Episode III' Kenobi." As fans know, McGregor portrayed the younger Jedi Master in "Episode I" through "Episode III," while Alec Guinness first portrayed the character in the original trilogy. Earlier this year, McGregor told MTV News that he's still waiting on a call from Disney about reprising his character.
So far, we only know a few things for certain regarding the "Star Wars" standalone films. We know there will definitely be three. The first one, "Rogue One," will star Felicity Jones. Rumors have circulated that the second standalone will follow Boba Fett's origin story, but now there are more rumors. Schmoes Know has reported that the second untitled spinoff may instead follow both Han Solo and Boba Fett and include appearances from Chewbacca, Lando Calrissian and Bossk.
But, again, these are only rumors. Reps for Disney and McGregor were not immediately available for comment. Until more official news is announced, go back to rewatching the "Force Awakens" trailer before the film opens on Dec. 18.
ALSO ON HUFFPOST:
HuffPost Entertainment is your one-stop shop for celebrity news, hilarious late-night bits, industry and awards coverage and more — sent right to your inbox six days a week. Learn more