The editors here at The Huffington Post haven't been this excited about lip gloss since our childhood days swapping Lip Smackers on the playground. Brands such as Maybelline, Urban Decay and Marc Jacobs Beauty are reimagining the classic lip gloss with new products that don't require you to sacrifice shine for color.
Much like the lipsticks we graduated to, these modern formulas come in bolder and more sophisticated shades. They contain moisturizing oils and nutrients like avocado, rose hip and vitamin E that offer serious skincare without the stickiness. (Though you shouldn't forget to protect your pucker with SPF, if that's not included.) Many companies have also revamped the lip gloss brush, making it smaller and sharper for a more even application.
Lip glosses are a simple way to recreate that lustrous summer look. But if you prefer to ease your way into high shine, try layering a gloss on top of your favorite lipstick or start with just one swipe.
Run, don't walk to the nearest makeup counter to shop these 10 new lip glosses.
1. Smith + Cult The Shining Lip Lacquer in The Queen Is Dead, $22. This sheer aubergine lip lacquer has just the right amount of shimmer for a seriously sexy finish.
2. Manic Panic Cross Gloss in Hot as Hell, $15. It's only right that the brand with the wildest at-home hair dyes create the most outrageous lip gloss colors. This electric pink shade isn't for the faint at heart!
3. Maybelline Baby Lips Moisturizing Lip Gloss in Tickled Pink, $4.49. Just like their cult balms, Maybelline's new glosses aren't sticky at all. They simply glide across your lips for a nourishing and brilliant wash of color.
4. Beauty That Counts Mary Kay NouriShine Plus Lip Gloss in Harmony, $15. There's more to this product than meets the eye. The brand is making it super easy to get gorgeous and give back by donating $1 from each sale of this nude-pink gloss to women and children in need.
5. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Sandstorm, $7.99. Inspired by the natural beauty of the desert, this peachy beige hue boasts intense shine, a lightweight texture and an understated vanilla scent.
6. Urban Decay Revolution High-Color Lipgloss in Punch Drunk, $22. Between the metallic gunmetal cap and the bright orange pigment, we don't know what we love most about this gloss.
7. Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Gloss in Barbie Pink, $16. Yes, eyebrow expert Anastasia Soare has more to offer than just brow products. She recently launched a line of color cosmetics which included creamy lip gloss with incredible sheen.
8. Marc Jacobs Beauty Enamored Hi-Shine Lip Lacquer in Pink Steam, $28. Thanks to the sleek packaging, paraben-free formula and striking color range, we bet these designer lip glosses will go quickly at Sephora.
9. Gerard Cosmetics Color Your Smile Lighted Lip Gloss in Eggplant, $24. Created by a woman who really knows her makeup, this line of lip glosses includes shades like this gorgeous grape that can easily transition between seasons.
10. Lorac Alter Ego Lip Gloss in Jet Setter, $15. Lorac means serious business with this deep fuchsia gloss loaded in antioxidants like acai berry, pomegranate, grape seed extract as well as vitamins C and E.
ALSO ON HUFFPOST:
HuffPost Lifestyle is a daily newsletter that will make you happier and healthier — one email at a time. Learn more