A Vice story published on Wednesday about a 27-year-old who had part of her right leg amputated three years ago after being hospitalized with toxic shock syndrome (TSS) has nearly every woman we know posting Facebook declarations that they're switching to the Diva Cup. The victim, Lauren Wasser, claims the illness was the result of using a tampon and she is suing Kotex.
It’s true that TSS, a complication of bacterial infections, has been associated with tampon use, but it doesn’t only happen in women and you don’t need to stop using tampons just because of this article. Here are questions you might have.
How will Donald Trump’s first 100 days impact YOU? Subscribe, choose the community that you most identify with or want to learn more about and we’ll send you the news that matters most once a week throughout Trump’s first 100 days in office. Learn more