There is only one person we at Taproot believe can lead this nation forward. He is a man who cares deeply about our nation and sees the potential in every American. He appreciates our role as a nation in our increasingly interconnected world. He agrees we all need to do our part to MAKE IT MATTER.
In the 2012 U.S. Presidential election the Taproot Foundation endorses....
Did you really think we were going to endorse a candidate? As a nonprofit we are not permitted to endorse any candidate for elected office. We would lose our tax exemption status.
But that doesn't mean we, and the nearly two million other nonprofits in the nation, can't play a vital role in the political process. In fact, it is critical that we all get involved.
Here are 5 ways any nonprofit can make an impact between now and November.
1) Send monthly email briefings to your donors, volunteers and other stakeholders educating them about your issue and how the government's action and inaction impacts it.
2) Encourage your employees and stakeholders to volunteer their time to help get out the vote by registering voters and helping get them to the voting booth on Election Day.
3) Do briefings for journalists on which questions they should be asking as they publicly evaluate candidates.
4) Join Taproot and close your office on Election Day to ensure that all your employees have the opportunity to vote and volunteer to help with the process.
5) At your next board meeting discuss the role your organization can and can't play in the political process and align on a long-term approach to advocacy.
And as for the presidential election, may the best man win (hey, we wanted a female candidate too, but...).
How will Donald Trump’s first 100 days impact YOU? Subscribe, choose the community that you most identify with or want to learn more about and we’ll send you the news that matters most once a week throughout Trump’s first 100 days in office. Learn more