Mantra: I Am New
Exercise: Manifestation Board
Happy New Year! It's time for our New Year's resolutions, intentions, diets, workouts, etc. We are re-birthing ourselves again. The theory of rebirth is almost as ancient as thought itself. Now, I am not referring to the rebirth process as defined by the Greek word, metempsychosis, which means the insouling of a new body by the same psychic individual. Instead, I am referring to the continual recycling process inherent in all of our processes as human beings; most specifically our personal ability to rebirth ourselves new, void of past patterning and experiences that did not allow us to live true.
Rebirth is part of the continuous process of evolution or change. In fact, we are born and reborn at every moment. For instance, the majority of the cells in the human body die and are replaced many times during the course of one's life. The mind also experiences mental states that change every moment. They die and are replaced by new states. So whether we look at the body or the mind, our experience is characterized by continuous birth, death and rebirth.
We have a fabulous new year launching today. This is a wonderful time to set new patterns into our daily lives that will assist our continual process of personal rebirth. Small change leads to big change.
Let's make our 2010 Manifestation Boards:
1. Spend some time thinking about what you would like to see manifested in your life.
2. Ask yourself what is stopping you from having those things. Write those obstacles down on a piece of paper.
3. Discard of, or safely burn, that piece of paper with full conviction, saying goodbye to those old limitations.
4. Look through magazines for pictures or words that represent those things that you would like to see more of in your life. Cut them out. This can also be a fun activity to do with a friend, or in a group.
5. Glue or tape these words and pictures of inspiration and desire onto a piece of poster board.
Manifestation Boards are also known as Dream Boards and Vision Boards. Rather than having vague, undefined goals, a Manifestation Board can help you clarify your goals, and focus your attention on them daily. The completed board should be placed in a location where you will see it daily. I keep my own board on my desk, where I see it every day while I am working.
Experience today from the eyes of a child - new, exciting, limitless...HAPPY...NEW. I Am New.
"We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day." ~Edith Lovejoy Pierce
Follow Alanna Zabel on Twitter: www.twitter.com/alannazabel