Laura was like most people: She wanted be healthier and knew she should exercise, but she didn't know how or where to start.
Unlike most people, though, Laura didn't let that stop her. She didn't let the fact that she's a busy mother of four stop her either. Nope.
Instead, Laura looked her excuses square in the eyes and decided not to let them define her choices. Her story speaks for itself.
Here's what we can all learn from Laura:
- When you know you want something, but you don't know how or where to start, reach out for support from people who've got what you want.
- Acknowledge that, at one point, these people were probably in a similar spot as you are now. The details of their situation may have been different, but the feelings (overwhelmed, confused, etc.) are the same. Remind yourself: They had to start somewhere too.
- Start or join a challenge.
- Focus on taking baby steps towards what you want, consistently vs. one giant leap, "overnight." Don't be hard on yourself and expect to build a habit in one day.
- Be aware of potential obstacles and distractions. Have a plan for overcoming them.
- Make a clear commitment. First, to yourself. Secondly, to the goal you're wanting to accomplish.
- Acknowledge that everyone is motivated in different ways. Ask yourself: What would truly inspire me to follow through?
- Progress is worthy of celebration and rewards. Get clear about when and how you're going to celebrate your successes.
- Ask yourself: How can I track my progress in a way that feels exciting?
- Just do the best you can. It's as simple at that. Powerful progress does not require perfection.
- Notice your self-talk. Speak in uplifting ways.
- Acknowledge the wide-reaching benefits of your effort.
- Find ways to accomplish your goal that feel fun, exciting, and expansive (vs. hard, depriving, or diminishing).
- Use the power of momentum to your advantage. Ride its wave.
"Everyone who got to where they are had to begin where they were." -- Richard Paul Evans
"Go slow to go fast."
-- Joshua Rosenthal
Sign up for the FREE 21-Day Movement Challenge if you're ready to start your streak, gain momentum, and ripple radiance... just like Laura.
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more