Everyone I know is always looking for the next best beauty product. Even the most attractive believe there is some new product just around the corner that is better than what they're using. I have to admit I fall into that category. Finding the best beauty products is an endless quest. Especially since beauty companies introduce on average 8,000 products a year. And now there are thousands of self-elected beauty experts.
After becoming President of CEW, I realized we were sitting on a gold mine of "real beauty experts" -- seriously, 5,500 CEW members who actually create these products. And, to make a long story short, we created the Insiders' Choice Beauty Awards because who better to determine what the most innovative products are than the people who invent, make and sell them? Every year, companies enter what they consider to be their best new products -- more than 650 entries in 30 categories.
From an insiders' view, here are the winning products I can't wait to try...
- There is a new category of lip colors we like to call Lip Hybrids: they have all the staying power of long lasting lipsticks but none of the drying. They are moisturizing, lightweight and some even have sun protection (trust me, you want that). This year the winners are Dior Addict Extreme Lipstick and Sonia Kashuk Satin Luxe Lip Color with SPF 16.
- Forget false lashes: Like their name -- they look false. The new mascaras brushes and formulas give you all the fullness and length you could ever wish for. Maybelline Mega Plush Mascara and Diorshow New Look Mascara are winners for good reason. They work.
- This year serums dominated the eye treatment category. What's great about the newest serums is that they lighten and brighten the skin under the eyes -- some even have unique applicators that cool the skin on the spot. On my list to try are this year's winners -- Lancôme Génifique Eye Light Pearl and L'Oréal Paris Revitalift Triple Power Eye Treatment.
- Wrinkles. What more can I say. They are a fact of life. I know I'll be trying these winning products: Philosophy Full of Promise Treatment Duo for Uplifting Days and Volumizing Nights and Avon Anew Clinical Pro Line Eraser Treatment A-F33.
- One of the trends I'm most excited about is "High Tech At Home." Once the domain of dermatologists -- these new at-home skin care devices mean we can take skin-care into our own hands (literally). This year's winner is NuFACE Trinity Skin Boosting System with Microcurrent and Red LED. This little gadget provides two treatments in one device -- it lifts and tones facial muscles and reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
Click here to see all of this year's CEW Beauty Insiders' Choice Award winners...