Calling all HuffPo readers: Remember that adorable priest Maureen Dowd featured in her column? The one who charmed us on the Today show last summer? He was full of dating and marriage advice -- and now he's writing a book. Want to be a part of it? Read on...
Last summer Maureen Dowd wrote a column entitled "An Ideal Husband," featuring love advice from Fr. Pat Connor, a 79-year-old Catholic priest based in Bordentown, N.J., who has spent his celibate life mulling what it takes to achieve marital bliss.
The next day, Fr. Pat charmed the world with more advice for young adults (who you should and shouldn't marry, why you can't change a man, etc.) on the Today Show (Watch the segment here). And in the spring of next year, his book Whom Not To Marry: 50 Years of Wisdom From America's Most Beloved Priest will be in stores everywhere.
Fr. Pat has been following my column, Pure Sex, Pure Love, and he was intrigued. He asked me to help him gather honest stories and experiences for the book (He is 79, after all, and blogging ain't his strong suit).
Where You Come In
Fr. Pat is looking for your stories - the good, the bad, the ugly and especially the funny.
• When did you start thinking seriously about getting married?
• What advice did your Grandmother give you about dating and marriage
• What advice did your parents give you about meeting Mr./Ms. Right?
• In previous relationships, when did you realize that s/he wasn't "the one"?
• If you're engaged or married, when did you realize that this was "the one"?
• What advice would you give to an engaged couple?
• What advice would you give to a newlywed couple?
• If you've been married for a few years, what advice do you wish you'd received?
• Any dating and marriage questions for Fr. Pat or me? Send those, too!
Email your stories, with your age and name (it doesn't have to be your real name -- priests are good at keeping secrets, so you can trust in the anonymity here!), to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fr. Pat will use some in his forthcoming book, and I'll answer some of the questions myself in my upcoming columns. The best stories will receive a copy of my new book, Marry Smart: The Intelligent Woman's Guide to True Love.
Here's to a Valentine's Day full of love (and good advice!)
HuffPost Lifestyle is a daily newsletter that will make you happier and healthier — one email at a time. Learn more