Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Breast with Mashed Cauliflower
Provided by: Curtis Stone
- FOR CAULIFLOWER:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 shallots, small diced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- FOR CHICKEN AND PAN SAUCE:
- 12 fresh sage leaves
- 4 (6-ounce) organic boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded slightly
- 4 thin slices high-quality prosciutto
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons lightly packed fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- PREPARE THE CAULIFLOWER MASH:
- Place a large saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add the oil to the pan and saute the shallots for 1 minute. Add the garlic.
- Add the butter and cook until the butter is golden brown.
- Stir in the cauliflower, milk, and cream. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Decrease the heat to low and simmer very gently until the cauliflower is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Pour off the liquid and reserve it.
- Mash the cauliflower in the pan with a potato masher. The mash should be rustic and chunky. Add enough of the reserved cooking liquid to moisten.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and keep warm until serving.
- PREPARE THE CHICKEN:
- Place 2 to 3 sage leaves on top of each chicken breast.
- Wrap 1 slice of prosciutto around each chicken breast.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- COOK THE CHICKEN:
- Place a large nonstick saute pan over medium high heat, add the oil, and place the chicken breasts in the pan.
- Cook for 2 minutes on each side or until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- MAKE PAN SAUCE:
- Remove the chicken from the pan and add the butter and shallot.
- Cook for 30 seconds swirling the pan, then add the wine and simmer until reduced by half. Add the chicken stock and parsley and simmer until reduced by half.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
- TO SERVE:
- Divide the cauliflower evenly among 4 serving plates.
- Slice the chicken breasts in half on a sharp diagonal. Lay the chicken breasts next to the mounds of cauliflower then spoon the pan sauce over each chicken breast and serve.