This week, video of a bison and a grizzly bear in Yellowstone made news, not because there's anything odd about either of these species being seen in Yellowstone, but because they were videoed in a very odd place: running down the highway.
On my Animal Oddities blog I often report on animals that show up in odd places. Here, for your pleasure, are my top ten "animals in odd places" stories.
1. "Dam" Ibexes - The ease with which these goats scale an almost vertical wall is astounding.
2. Toilet Diving Sloths - Sloths are cute and all, but this takes the cake for disgusting animal behavior.
3. NYC Alligators - Seems there's more to this urban legend than we thought.
4. Bar-Hopping Monkeys - It's bad enough having to deal with the over-served when you're out having a few cocktails, but it's even worse when they're not even human.
5. Maggots on a Plane - I'd like to see Samuel L. Jackson do a movie about this frightening animal appearance on a plane.
6. Kitty on the Bus - Public transportation is a great way to get around. And it's not just for people anymore.
7. Moose in a Sprinkler - Running through a sprinkler is a fun way to cool off on a hot summer day, for young humans as well as young moose!
8. Squirrel on a Roller Coaster - Roller coasters are a fun way to get a thrill, but usually most riders don't have four legs and a bushy tail.
9. Iguana Wedding Crasher - Weddings are a great time to get together and celebrate with friends and family. But sometimes some odd guests show up to crash the party.
10. Bison Goes for a Dip - And finally, another bison in an odd place. This one ended up in a swimming pool. Under the pool cover. In Georgia, where there are no wild bison. Watch the clip.
The Morning Email helps you start your workday with everything you need to know: breaking news, entertainment and a dash of fun. Learn more