1. Pick up a box of celadon green macarons
at Laduree and
celebrate their 150th birthday.
2. April showers got you down? Head straight to Petit Pan for
a little sparkling pick me up
3. Learn French and make Parisian friends when you try a
, held 2-3 nights a week at several local Parisian
bars. The speed-dating concept meets language lessons.
4. Want to learn how to bake real French bread?
ladies at Succulent Paris can take you to their neighborhood
baker who closes down on Wednesdays to teach others
5. Stay at the most unique place in Paris. Unpack
s into a moored Barge on the Seine.
6. Try hole in the wall, Candelaria for a change of pace, and
enjoy the best Mexican food in Paris
. Go through the unmarked
white door at the back after dinner (or before) and enjoy some
of the best cocktails in this underground Paris bar that is too
cool for school.
7. Need a peaceful break from sightseeing? Head to the tip of
Ile de la Cite, in the middle of all the action in the center of
Paris where you'll find an oasis at the place Dauphine
8. Feed your literary side and watch poetry come alive
at Spoken Word in the Belleville area of Paris.
9. Don't miss Degas' nudes
at the newly renovated Orsay from
March through July 2012. Stop in for a
bite at their newly redesigned clock tower café.
10. How to get into a Secret Club in Paris. Director David Lynch has opened a club called Silencio
modeled after the bar in his movie Mulholland Drive, sadly it
is members only but it does open up at 12 midnight for the
11. Fancy Brunch and shopping this weekend? Now you don't
have to choose. Some clever folks have created the Brunch
Bazar concept held once a month in Paris
. Play ping-pong, get
your nails done, have a bite and shop, all in the same venue.
12. Tuck into a no-nonsense bistro meal inside one of Paris'
many romantic passages