When we are aware of our breathing, it helps to calm the body and mind. Breathing consciously is easy and convenient. Tuning in to your breathing anchors you in the awareness of your body, in the here and now.
Here is an easy breathing exercise you can do anywhere, even at work:
1. Find a quiet spot where you won't be disturbed.
2. Get into a relaxed seated position, with both feet flat on the floor.
3. Put your hands on your abdomen
4. Close your mouth gently and touch your tongue to your upper palate and breath through your nose. If your nose is blocked for any particular reason it is fine to breath through your mouth.
5. Inhale deeply and slowly, being aware of your diaphragm moving downward and your abdomen expanding. Your hands on your abdomen will feel the expansion like a balloon filling.
6. At the end of the inhalation, don't hold the breath and your abdomen will fall automatically as you exhale.
7. Try to get all the breath out of your lungs on the exhalation. The exhalation should normally be about twice as long as the inhalation when you get relaxed.
Keep repeating this, keeping your focus on your hands rising on the abdomen with inhalation and falling with exhalation.
Dr. Lipman and the Be Well Team
Call Us: 888.434.9483
Wondering what to eat?
This post (LINK) details a sample meal plan, and Cleanse-friendly foods, recipes and snacks.
For more ideas visit this Facebook page -- it's frequently updated with Cleanse-friendly recipes.