Learning how to love a woman ― whether it’s a significant other, sibling, best friend or parent ― is an important lesson that you’ll carry with you forever.
With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, we asked our Facebook followers to tell us one thing anyone who loves a woman ― romantically or otherwise ― should know.
According to HuffPost readers, here are 27 things every person who loves a woman should know.
1. Remind her every single day she is worthy of all things good in this world.
2. Sometimes she needs you to take care of her. And sometimes she doesn’t.
3. Understand that she has fought many, many battles ― and she’s still standing.
4. The best thing you can do for her during hard times is to simply keep her company.
5. She doesn’t need your protection, she needs your support.
6. Don’t tell her to “calm down” or “get over it.” Let her feel her emotions without shame.
7. Always, always, always root for her.
8. Every woman is unique. Honor and celebrate her exactly as she is.
9. Recognize the sexism she’s faced and work with her to combat it.
10. Communication is everything. Without it, you’re both lost.
11. Trust her ability to make the best choices for her body.
12. Keep your word.
13. Don’t get caught up in gender roles. Love is love is love ― we’re all human.
14. Listening goes a long way.
15. She is worthy of equality, regardless of her relationship with you.
16. Respect her. Respect her. Respect her.
17. The little things in life are important. Prioritize them for her.
18. Remember that loving her is a choice you make every single day.
19. Always be a loyal friend.
20. Never write off her sense of adventure.
21. Treat her like the queen that she is.
22. The woman she’s become is not necessarily the woman she always was.
23. Above all be kind to her. Always be kind.
24. Let her teach you what makes her feel loved.
25. Learn where she comes from. Honor her heritage.
26. Know when she needs to be alone and know when she needs to be cuddled.
27. At the end of the day, every woman is different. She has her own set of needs, wants and goals. Find out what they are and help her achieve them.
ALSO ON HUFFPOST
How will Donald Trump’s first 100 days impact YOU? Subscribe, choose the community that you most identify with or want to learn more about and we’ll send you the news that matters most once a week throughout Trump’s first 100 days in office. Learn more