Avocado lovers are a special kind of person. They might start their day with this green fruit in a smoothie or on toast; they might add some sliced on top of their lunchtime salad; they might even work one into their dessert. Any way you slice it, they're eating as much avocado as possible.
It's a good thing too, because not only is the avocado delicious, but it turns out it's mega good for you too. In other words, avocado lovers are winning at life, and here are all the reasons why.
2. Avocados are one of the few high-protein fruits, packing four grams per avocado, and avocado lovers are happy to remind us all of that.
3. In a pinch, avocados can stand in for butter. What other item in the produce aisle can do that?
4. Avocados also do wonders to desserts. Ahem, like this chocolate peanut butter pudding.
5. Avocado lovers reap the benefits of this fruit's high magnesium and potassium content, regulating blood pressure in the most delicious way possible.
6. They taste good with all your favorite foods -- especially eggs. Remember the eggocado?
7. Avocados help lower your bad cholesterol. Win, win.
8. They can be fried. Yup, you heard that right -- you can batter and fry your favorite food. Everything in moderation, right?
9. Avocados can help you skip your daily vitamin (not that you should). They're loaded with vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, lutein and so much fiber.
10. They make you smarter. The avocado is full of omega-3 fatty acids that are great for the brain.
11. An unripened avocado can quickly become edible. There are hacks for that.
Related on HuffPost: