We've heard of fire ants, but this is ridiculous.
An Orlando man had to be rescued from his apartment Sunday after starting a fire while trying to "burn the bugs in his home and computer," according to a police report obtained by the Orlando Sentinel.
Witnesses called 911 after they saw flames coming out of the second-story apartment and heard the resident shouting for help, according to WFTV.
Four neighbors kicked in the door and pulled the 26-year-old from the blaze around 11:30 p.m., before authorities arrived. The man was later treated for smoke inhalation.
Police don't expect to file criminal charges, but a responding officer called for the man to be hospitalized because he is "a danger to himself and others."
Flames are just not a good method of extermination, people. Last year, a Texas woman burned down her house trying to kill a snake with fire.
The truth is stranger than fiction. Step into the world of weird news. Learn more