Our newest video series, Hack Tricks, takes a closer look at some of today's most popular devices to reveal hidden functions, settings, and other gems that most of us never realized were there. We're kicking things off with the iPhone, one of the most popular smartphones on the market.
Anyone who owns an iPhone is familiar with the screen passcode, a four-digit sequence of numbers one must enter to gain access to the phone. Good news for security-minded iPhone owners: you can customize the passcode to be as long as you want. Simply follow these instructions
- Under 'Settings,' go to 'General'
- Select 'Passcode Lock'
- Switch off 'Simple Password'
- Input the new passcode; it can be any length, but it must only be comprised of numbers (no letters, punctuation, etc)
- The screen-lock will change to fit the new passcode
Did you know that simply switching to 'Airplane Mode' will enable your iPhone to charge twice as quickly? Simply connect your phone to its charger and then make the change -- but don't forget to switch it back once the charging has completed, as you won't be able to receive or make calls as long as 'Airplane Mode' is in effect.
Finally, iPhone users can create a customized vibration for their ringtone. Here's how to do it:
- Under 'Settings,' go to 'Sounds'
- Select the 'Vibrations' tab
- Scroll down to 'Custom' and select 'Create New Vibration'
- Use your fingertips to create a new vibration sequence
Stay tuned to HackCollege.com for the latest entries in our Hack Tricks series.
Follow HackCollege on Twitter: www.twitter.com/HackCollege