The winter season is full of parties, food, family, and friends. But too many job seekers think the holidays are a good excuse to trade the job search for the gift search. In fact, the winter season might be the perfect time to put down that eggnog and dive deeper into your job hunt. With a calendar packed with parties, get-togethers, and other social gatherings, winter might be the best season to network your way to a great position.
The infographic below -- compiled by CareerShift, a comprehensive job hunting and career management solution -- shows job hunters why winter might be the perfect time to party their way into their dream job. Some takeaways to note:
- 80% of today's jobs are landed through networking
- Job seekers should consider scheduling informational interviews with contacts
- 39% of retail and 18% of IT companies are hiring this winter
- Job seekers spend 24.11% of their hunt networking
- 46% of successful job seekers applied directly to the employer
- 54% of job seekers use social media to network
Check out the full infographic below for more tips on how to network your way into the perfect position this winter season!
What do you think? How do you plan to network during the holidays? Share in the comments!
Start your workday the right way with the news that matters most. Learn more