iOS app Android app More

Conn. lawyer withdraws $100M lawsuit over massacre

stumbleupon: Conn. lawyer withdraws $100M lawsuit over massacre   digg: US Works With Sudan Government Suspected Of Aiding Genocide   reddit: Conn. lawyer withdraws $100M lawsuit over massacre   del.icio.us: Conn. lawyer withdraws $100M lawsuit over massacre

January 1, 2013 12:07 PM EST | AP


HARTFORD, Conn. — A Connecticut attorney seeking to sue the state for $100 million on behalf of a 6-year-old survivor of the Newtown school massacre has withdrawn the claim – at least for now.

Pinsky last week asked to sue the state, saying his client suffered "emotional and psychological trauma and injury" during the shooting rampage that killed 20 children and six adults. He says state officials failed to prevent his client from foreseeable harm.

The state attorney general said Monday there appears to be no basis to support the suit or the state's liability.

___