Twelve Million Americans Need Better Advice About Diabetes

05/19/2005 02:00 am ET | Updated May 25, 2011

If you have been diagnosed with elevated fasting blood sugar, you need to ask your doctor about pharmacological, nutritional and complementary methods for lowering that blood sugar. Some people with adult onset diabetes need prescription medicine but many can be treated in other ways.

This news story tells you what can go wrong. Ask your doctor about a diet to treat diabetes, fenugreek and alpha-lipoic acid and more. If your doctor is letting you wander around with an elevated hemoglobin A1C question him harder. If he has not explained hemoglobin A1C, fire him.