Make sure you perform the workout, including the prescribed tempos (the speed of movement of the exercise) as designed.
The total training time, including the rest periods, will take a hair over 15 minutes:
- 1 set of DB Front Squats, 10 reps
- 1 set of Flat DB Bench Press, 10 reps
- 1 set of Low Pulley Pull Through, 10 reps
- 1 set of High Pulley Face Pulls, 10 reps
- 45 seconds of Skipping Rope
Repeat the circuit two more times.
Note: When choosing the load for each movement, it should be challenging to compete the 10 reps with perfect form.
A note about tempo:
- The first digit represents the eccentric movement (e.g., the lowering of the weight).
- The second digit represents the length of the pause in the muscles' lengthened position.
- The third digit is the concentric movement (e.g., the raising of the weight).
- The last digit refers to the length of the pause while the muscle is in the contracted position before repeating the movement.
So, for example, a tempo of 2011 really means:
- 2 seconds lowering the weight
- 0 second pause in the lengthened position
- 1 second to raise the weight
- 1 second pause in the contracted position