- An injury does not grant you a vacation from exercise. Work out the body parts that don't aggravate your injury so you retain your fitness.
- You can control pain with strength. Strong muscles support and stabilize a vulnerable joint.
- If a joint is swollen, see a doctor.
- A strong butt is the key to a happy life. Healthy glutes mean healthy hips, back, and hamstrings.
- Have two massages a month for healthier muscles.
- Sleep is the most important activity of your day.
- Exercise every day. Exercise is medicine. It will keep you healthy and happy.
- Train your entire body for real-world movement, even if you play only one sport. Isolated, single-muscle exercises have no basis in reality.
- Single-leg exercises-squats, hops, lunges-build incredible strength and stability in your ankles, knees, and hips.
- And never, ever forget to... have fun!
For more by Jordan D. Metzl, M.D., click here.
For more on fitness and exercise, click here.