Note: Do not read on if you have not seen Season 10, Episode 13 of ABC's "Grey's Anatomy," titled "Take it Back."
Welcome back, everyone! Do we all have a little case of whiplash from trying to keep up with tonight's plotlines? A lot happened. And before we get into it, for the record, I thought the cold open montage was delightful. April running off with Jackson, Bailey and Ben fighting, Meredith and Derek and Christina all in room going at it, Shane disappearing after almost killing Karev's dad...shall I go on? It was some good stuff.
And then it started to spiral out of control, it's almost like they're taking pacing cues from "Scandal." Try to keep up:
1) Alex forgives his dad, and tries to make sure his last moments are peaceful. He and Jo are also "accidentally engaged," though Jo (my favorite intern) isn't getting drawn in just because of his daddy issues. Karev also beats Shane up pretty darn good.
2) Hunt is being extra hard on Ross after his breakdown/bungling of Jimmy's surgery. And because he knows he was sleeping with Yang. She gives him a pep talk but it feels like he's being bullied.
3) Richard keeps calling Ben and himself 'old dogs' and tries to get Ross to join their crew, or at least not feel so left out. Webber is like a dorky dad, but maybe he's just remembering how easy Izzy had it when mistakes were made back in the day. Meanwhile, this means Ben is in the surgical program and is fighting with Bailey over bagged lunches again.
4) Callie and Arizona bought a house! Can Arizona stop complaining now and just be happy? Please?
5) Derek is vetted by the president and it looks like he has a lovechild. Psyche! He put some kid in a coma in high school and sends the family money to make up for it. Meredith is fake mad. Is her life perfect or what?
6) Murphy urges Stephanie to lodge complaints with HR because she is bitter. And she does, but the board has to approve a policy about disclosing relationships. Which means that April and Jackson have to tell everyone that they got married! #JAPRIL.
Also, there was a very scary man who turned himself into a cat. I told you, it was a crazy episode. What did you think? Is Yang going to own her thing with Ross as per HR's orders? What will Jo and Alex punch next? Is the president going to be Fitz? Dish with me @karenfratti.
"Grey's Anatomy" airs Thursdays at 9 p.m. ET on ABC.