Reinventing Your Life is Synonymous With Nurturing Your Soul
Reinvention is often a cry to nurture your soul. It can be truly empowering when you take the baby steps to address some small part of your life and take it where you only dream about. When you start to crystallize what you want and make it happen, you'll be amazed at how everything starts to feel.
You'd be surprised how huge a small reinvention can be so don't allow yourself to be paralyzed by the idea of going through changes that add color and new dimensions to your life.
Just the other day, someone very close to me had an epiphany and within two hours had gone online, looked up his new career move, signed up for a course and was knee-deep in reading his new curriculum that night. Yep, just like that! He didn't quit his job, didn't not go to work the next day, but has actually started to move down a new path that may take him to that more fulfilling career. He was energized, inspired and invigorated in many aspects of his life for just taking charge!
That's what I'm talking about -- act on it if it's something positive that moves you in the right direction and doesn't alienate the security and familiarity in your life too dramatically.
Getting out of our comfort zone can be challenging but the rewards are enormous.So what do you want to do reinvent your life? Perhaps find just one area that you want to work on and start to focus on all the possibilities. Take a look at this list and see what resonates with you:
- Family - spouse/partner, kids, parents, siblings, extended family
- Health and Fitness
Find that precious key in you that can unlock that change. By just acknowledging and focusing on that one thing, you'll start to create options and look for solutions. You'll then be able create a roadmap.How to get started? Here are a few ideas - keep notes on the things that make you smile in the course of your day:
- the things that make your heart sing
- the sights that inspire you
- the places you like to go
- the smells you like
- the sounds that you like...
- Are you really doing what you wanted to do?
- Are you happy in you environment? Do you like the commute?
- Do you like your co-workers? Is the job/career challenging, stimulating?
- Are you paid enough? Are you making the money you want to live they way you want to live?
- If you could pick any job and snap your fingers to be in it - what would it be?
Enjoy working on you and Happy Reinventing!
Follow me on:
Facebook: Kathi Sharpe-Ross