A highly controversial and divisive issue has stirred up some strong feelings and vitriolic rhetoric recently. No, I'm not talking about health care reform and the extreme reaction it has provoked in some members of the Tea Party. I'm talking about Michael Lewis's book The Big Short and why there's no Kindle edition available.
A real donnybrook has broken out in the Customer Reviews section of the Amazon page for Lewis's book. Many Kindle owners are angry that no electronic edition is available and are posting one-star reviews of the book on that basis alone. Others are calling the Kindle crowd crybabies and taking them to task for posting "reviews" of a book they haven't even read.
So here's a fun quiz: I've listed ten statements below. See if you can tell which were spoken in heated Tea Party exchanges and which were posted on Amazon:
1. There's nothing honorable about taking away people's rights.
2. You are an idiot.
3. You are a worthless imbecile.
4. You parasite socialist.
5. You were an ill-conceived infant that grew up into a whining brat.
6. You're adding to this whole nonsense and you're criticizing others for doing the same? I hate idiots. You people should just hang yourselves
7. Retards like you would be out of a job.
8. You = FAIL
9. You don't love anything but your stupid smarmy-ass taking little self.
10. You're not sorry. You are, however, a pud.
1, 4, 9: Tea Party
2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10: Amazon