1. The only way we can combat acts of hatred are by acts of kindness.
2. Just like protons, neutrons, and electrons, people also have a charge. Some are positive, others are neutral and some are negative. Remember that many times this has absolutely nothing to do with you -- just focus on your charge and try to be one of the positive ones.
3. You rise higher in this world by lifting everyone up around you. Do not attempt to grow by keeping others down, you'll never go any further than where you are.
4. Sometimes bad things happen to really good people. It is not a punishment.
5. There are a lot of people out there who could use a nice gesture. When you perform one -- both you and the other person benefit.
6. The first person you need to be kind to is yourself. It's been said you can't give away something you don't have. It's near impossible to be genuinely kind to others if you do not treat yourself well.
7. Some people will support you and others will mock you. This says everything about them and absolutely nothing about you.
8. Kindness can come in the form of being a good listener. We all want to be heard, but listening is the gift we can give others. You'll always know as much as you know, until you start listening, and then you'll know even more.
9. The world is full of skeptics, and always will be, try not to be one. Believe that good things can happen.
10. Be careful how much you complain. In our society it seems that lamenting about what goes wrong is the normal pattern of conversation. Break the mold and decide to stop complaining. Trust me, someone else would take your problems in an instant.
11. Don't be afraid to talk about your joy. It's not bragging when you are coming from a place of genuine excitement. Remind others to focus on the wonderful things that happen and share your joy however you can.
12. Life will inevitably knock you down. Get back up. If you see life knock down someone else, try to help them up, too.
13. Customer service reps take on a lot of complaints in the nature of their job. Try not to be so angry with them, since they signed up for a job to help others through challenges. Instead try using this sentence before you complain. "I know that you are not directly responsible for what has happened here, but I really hope you can help me get it resolved." Also, say "Thank You" when they do.
14. Acts of kindness do not have to cost money and they can be as simple as a smile.
16. Choose to believe the best about others and the world around you.
17. Friendships evolve over time, as do people. Some friends are meant to be with you for the entire journey, others for just for a moment in time, and some come in and out of your life. Do your best to appreciate them for who they are and what they mean to you.
18. Imperfection is perfection.
19. Be kind to your body, you will be wearing it for your entire life. Be patient with its changes and learn to love every little bit of you.
20. The two most important words are: Thank You.
21. At the end of each day, when you recount the moments that comprised it, think of at least 5 things that you were grateful for. It helps you to dust off the bad stuff and focus on the good.
22. When you get a chance to celebrate anything, do it.
23. Before you cast judgement on someone, think about how you'd feel if they judged you. As the expression goes: You can't really understand another person's experience until you've walked a mile in their shoes.
24. If you want to figure out how you can help in your community, where you can donate, or if you are in need of assistance, dial 211. 211 is a telephone number provided by the FCC for the purpose of providing quick and easy access to information about health and human services in your community.
25. In traffic: honk less and please just let that other person merge.
26. Find time each day to literally laugh out loud, and not just via texting "LOL," even if it's a short video that makes you smile, take time to watch it.
This video always works for me.
26. Do your best to donate anything you can. Whether it's old magazines to the local nursing home or giving away toys to underprivileged kids; the things you have to get rid of may mean the world to someone else.
28. Try to see the sunrise or watch the sunset as often as possible. It's one of the greatest works of art that displays itself each and everyday, and it will remind you what a beautiful world we live in.
29. Surround yourself with positivity. Embrace those who walk into your life and contribute to making it happier. Do not allow negative people to draw you in, and if you realize they have, walk the other way.
30. As the saying goes: The only person you should try to be better than is the person that you were yesterday.