Happy Valentine's Day everyone, here's my Top 5 for February 14, 2011 from Len Berman at ThatsSports.com.
1. Quick Hits
* 11 Major League baseball teams hold their first workouts today for pitchers and catchers.
* The last undefeated college basketball team, Ohio State, lost at Wisconsin Saturday 71-67.
* The Cleveland Cavaliers broke their 26 game losing streak. Who woulda thunk that the Cavs would have more wins this weekend than Justin Bieber?
* The question remains, will Tiger Woods ever win again? He entered the final round in Dubai trailing by 1. He shot a 75 and lost by 7.
* Some guy won at Pebble Beach, but more important, Bill Murray won the amateur portion for the first time.
* Dale Earnhardt Jr. has won the pole position for next Sunday's Daytona 500.
* It's never too early to start. Jets coach Rex Ryan said about the Super Bowl, "Last year I thought we'd win it, this year I know we'll win it."
2. Play Ball!
Spring training is the best. Everyone is hopeful, everyone has a chance -- except the Pittsburgh Pirates. Raise your hands, who picked the Giants to win it all last year? Hands down. Nobody. This year? Philadelphia's pitching rotation can't be beat. They're the betting favorites. Boston is rated the favorite in the American league. We'll talk again in October on the eve of that Cincinnati/Texas World Series, OK?
So what is news? I know, man bites dog. So where does Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez dating a 17-year old fit in? He's single, it's legal, it's consensual. So the new definition of news is voyeurism? A pro quarterback with a 17-year-old. Oooh. How far will this digital TMZ news generation go? Hopefully back to journalism school.
4. "It Defies Description"
Here's your highlight of the weekend. The announcer called it one in a million. Wayne Rooney called it the best goal he ever scored. His bicycle kick won the game for Manchester United over Manchester City 2-1.
5. Not Their Favorite Day
Under the heading of "How's the weather up there?" for a tall guy, I'm guessing the following sports figures don't love today's "holiday."
*Davis Love III
*Vonetta Flowers (Olympic athlete)
*And need I say Bobby Valentine?
Happy Birthday: Former Buffalo Bills good guy quarterback, Jim Kelly. 51.
Bonus Birthday: Brady Bunch Mom, Florence Henderson. 77.
Today in Sports: A touching Valentine's Day moment. Mike Tyson divorces Robin Givens. 1989.
Bonus Event: Pope Gelasius establishes something called St. Valentine's Day, and it kinda stuck. 496 AD.
To order a "Len Berman's That's Sports" hat, click here!
To sign up for Len's free daily Top 5 email click here.
Follow Len Berman on Twitter: www.twitter.com/lenbermansports