10 Good Reasons to Get Married in a Church
- I want God to be at the center of this momentous event.
- I desire God's guidance in my married life.
- I love this church and I am an active participant in it.
- I was once an active participant in this church, and I miss it.
- I trust that this church community will support me and my new family.
- I have moved away, and I have a church home where I live now but this was once my church home and I treasure the ways in which it has shaped me.
- This was once my church home, and while I don't have a spiritual community now, I long to find one soon.
- This has never been my church home but it was my partner's and I treasure the ways in which it has shaped my future spouse.
- My partner and I have two different religious traditions, but we have agreed that this place can be sacred for both of us on our wedding day.
- This seems to be a holy place, and we want to find the Spirit here.
10 Bad Reasons to Get Married in a Church
- I have always wanted to walk down the aisle.
- I love the way this church looks in pictures.
- I love the way I look, in this church, in pictures.
- My parents/grandparents/relatives would kill me if I didn't.
- This was once my church home and if I don't, people will be disappointed.
- This was once my church home and I have not missed it; in fact, I resent it, so it's about time they did something nice for me.
- This was once my partner's church home and while I can't see that it made or makes any difference in my future spouse's life, the family wants us to get married here, so whatever.
- It is conveniently located nearby the site of the wedding reception.
- It has good parking.
- It's cheap.
Follow Lillian Daniel on Twitter:
Read more from Huffington Post bloggers: