If I want to know the heart and soul of a city, I rely on contacts who are close to the ground, in the know and the first to hear. I stay inspired, enlightened and kept up-to-date with LA's incredibly diverse and colorful landscape through the people who are living and writing about it on a daily basis.
Here is a summertime list of some of my favorite LA blogging stars who really capture the best of the West, from lifestyle, food, fashion, design and business -- you will have your finger on the pulse of what LA living is all about!
- Florentina Lile of Ciao Florentina -- All Things Fun, Food and Savory! Florentina is a passionate foodie who shares her latest creations and finds. Her motto: food=love. Read her blog: To get excited about cooking or at least the idea of it!
- Kaira Rouda -- Author, Entrepreneur, Small Business Owner, Inspirational Speaker, Mother. She is magnificently charming and down to earth at the same time. Read her blog: To inspire you to fulfill your career dreams.
- Andrea Fellman of Savvy Sassy Moms -- With a philosophy of 'You don't have to lose your style to motherhood,' her website is devoted to helping moms branch out of their worlds and connect with business, events, fashion and food. Read her blog: To find more ways to have fun and remind you that you're not alone in mommy world!
- Bonnie Stoilkivich of Zuma Organic -- Author of soon-to-be-released book on family meals, chef, mama, wife and advocate of delicious and nutritious cooking for everyone! Read her blog: For quick, easy and healthy meals for the whole family -- check out her delicious herb rub just mentioned on Oprah!
- Laura Pardini of My L.A. Lifestyle -- a sophisticated and well-curated ensemble of talents come together to give you their latest and greatest tips, sources, ideas and inspiration all on one site. Read her blog: To keep you plugged into the full spectrum of lifestyle arts from health to party planning and everything in between.
- Elizabeth Lamont of Room at the Beach Malibu -- A self-made retail entrepreneur who is branding the California lifestyle at-home concept, she helps people bring out the best in themselves by making their homes a beautiful place to be. Read her blog: To keep yourself connected to the beach no matter what time of year!
- Tori Springer of Simply Simplify -- In the words of Thoreau, "Simply Simplify" and you begin to live your life... Tori is an up-and-coming star to the scene and it's no wonder why. In this day and age organization is key to time efficiency. Read her blog: To take control of your life and peace in your home
- Megan Arquette of Beach Bungalow 8 -- Oh so cool... hip, groovy and fun. This blog is all about bringing a little pizzazz to your life with juicy tidbits of life at the beach, in the studio, on the weekend and at home. Read her blog: For a little colorful candy -- Like Pez from a Pez dispenser!
Have fun checking out these cool sources. In no time you too will have your finger on the pulse of what's happening around you and better yet feel a little more 'connected' to this great city!
Liza Utter is an award winning celebrity restaurateur and beloved host. Her unique gift for making people feel welcome and bringing life to any party has earned her an expert reputation as being one of America's most sought-after hosts. Liza is dedicated to bringing her unique brand of "celebrating every day" to aspiring hosts across the country through her Life of the Party Tour. Guiding followers on the art of hosting and how to be the life of their own parties is her passion. Visit Liza America's Host for all of your hosting, entertaining and lifestyle needs and follow Liza on Twitter @LizaUtter and Facebook for her favorite tips, insider secrets and inspirations that help turn everyday into a celebration!
Follow Liza Utter on Twitter: www.twitter.com/LizaUtter