by guest blogger Stephanie Neal, for EatClean.com
Fresh fish, steamed green veggies, and a spicy lime dressing that's DIY: It doesn't get much cleaner than this simple, summery meal (plus, it's ready to put on the table in less than a half hour). When you're buying the cod, opt for wild-caught over farmed, and look for the Marine Stewardship Council logo on the packaging--it ensures the fish was caught using ocean-friendly practices.
Cod with Bok Choy, Asparagus, and Chile-Lime Dressing
- 2 5-ounce skin-on cod fillets
- 1 Tablespoons macadamia or coconut oil
- 1 stick lemongrass
- 1 long green chile, finely sliced
- 1 small red chile, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 Tablespoons tamari
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½-inch piece ginger, grated
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 heads bok choy
- 2 handfuls Thai basil
1. Heat oven to 350ºF.
2. Prepare macadamia or coconut oil in an oven-safe frying pan over medium-high heat. Dry the fish fillets with a paper towel and generously rub sea salt on the skin. Place the fish skin-side down in the pan. Use fingers to prevent filets from curling up in the first 10 seconds then cook until skin is golden and crispy, 8 to 9 minutes. Transfer pan to oven and continue cooking until fish is just cooked through, about 10 minutes more.
3. Meanwhile, remove the outer leaves from the lemongrass and finely slice. Place in a large bowl with green and red chiles, garlic, lime juice, tamari, olive oil, and ginger. Stir well and set aside.
4. Chop woody ends off asparagus stalks and separate bok choy leaves. Steam for 1 to 2 minutes until tender. Transfer to a bowl with Thai basil and toss with chile-lime dressing.
5. When fish is done, remove from oven, flip filets over, and continue cooking them in the hot pan just until the underside browns slightly, about 1 minute. Serve with steamed vegetables.
Stefanie Neal is the author of Food Fix Up, a recipe app for gluten-, dairy-, and refined sugar-free food. Follow her on Instagram.
Adapted from the article "25-Minute Dinner: Cod with Bok Choy, Asparagus, and Chile-Lime Dressing," which originally ran on EatClean.com.
For more from Maria Rodale, visit www.mariasfarmcountrykitchen.com