Yesterday, we shared the holiday gift list and wish list of designer Tracy Reese, whose vagabond-inspired spring collection, we'd be thrilled to have under our Christmas tree.
Today, we continue our series -- one shared exclusively with The Huffington Post -- on what today's top style makers plan to give (and hope to get) for the holidays, with the designers behind an equally covetable brand -- Thread Social.
The creative minds behind the line, a fashion insider favorite for its festive and flirty party dresses, are New Yorkers Beth Blake and Melissa Akey, both of whom honed their impeccable taste working in other divisions of the fashion industry before launching Thread. "Our experience in other areas is what makes us a really great team," they told Chris Frey at The Inside Source , eBay's digital style magazine, who authored this article in its original form. "Having worked at Chanel, Barneys, Vogue and Stila collectively, we have an understanding of the luxury industry, as well as the levels of quality and expectations that come with it."
Thread Social, defined by Blake and Akey as "fresh, fun, easy, polished, day-to-night dresses with a sense of humor" was born in 2006 on the heels of the duo's highly successful, fashion forward bridal line, Thread. Blake and Akey design their own prints for the line -- ones often inspired by vintage artwork or wallpaper, to ensure that they are unique.
Thread Social Holiday and Spring 2011
This holiday season, Akey kicked off her holiday season like every other. "My husband and I get together with a big group of friends the weekend before Thanksgiving every year for 'Ripsgiving.; We get creative with the decor (think homemade placemats) and dress code (one year it was red turtlenecks and khakis). A few of the guys are amazing chefs so the menu is always outstanding." Later this month, she will travel to Chicago for Christmas and go skiing in Aspen for the New Year. Blake will stay close to home this year as she prepares for a holiday quite possibly spent in the delivery room. (Her due date falls sometime after December 15th) Though her only real Christmas wish is "a healthy baby," Blake was gracious enough to elaborate on her holiday list this year -- as was Akey.
What Beth Blake and Melissa Akey of Thread Social Plan to Give (and Hope to Get) This Holiday Season
1. LEGOS: It's hard to believe this boat is made of Legos! Blake would like to take her nephews to Lego Land where the Lego marvels are even more impressive.
2. Bean Bag Chair: Akey will monogram super comfy beanbag chairs from for her nephews.
3. Lanvin for H&M: While the Lanvin Hearts H&M collection sold out in many stores, there is plenty available on eBay. Akey will be stocking up for her nieces.
Click here for more.
1. Giles and Bros. Anchor Necklace: Akey is a fan of the triple anchor style from Philip Crangi's Giles & Bros. line. We found his double anchor pendant that you can build upon by collecting other charms over time.
2. Isabel Marant Blazer: Akey is seriously coveting this jacket. The leather trim infuses the classic cut with a little rock star status.
3. Mink Coat: Blake fell for J Mendel's mink tunic that just recently made its debut on the runway. This ombre coat from Lanvin has a similar vibe.
Click here for more.
Come back every day from now until Christmas for more holiday give and get lists, and click here to find them all.
Thread Social images provided by Beth Blake and Melissa Akey.