As a romantic date planner, I get hired a lot by husbands and wives to come up with creative date ideas for each other. When a couple has been together for a while, it can be hard to come up with new and exciting ways to stay connected. Here are some simple date ideas that you can do with your spouse or use as inspiration to get your thoughts flowing.
Visualize Your Future Together
Never stop dreaming with your partner. Forever is a long time, and you and your partner should dream big. Use your dreams and your future as inspiration for a date idea.
· Draw your dream house together and figure out where things would go, what color the paint would be, what amenities it would include, etc. One day, you may even use it.
· Experience a sunrise together. While you are waiting for the sun to rise, talk about your future and even plan or daydream about your next vacation together.
· Create a time capsule that contains your dreams for the next ten years. Open it ten years later to see how close you came to reaching them.
Preserve Your Past
No relationship would be complete without paying homage to your past. Use the great aspects of your past for date inspiration.
· Write a story together of how you met. For an extra twist, you both write your own versions and take them to an author to put together in book form.
· Create a scrapbook together. It will be fun to go through old photos and create something new and fresh out of it.
· Have a candlelight picnic in your backyard. Both of you bring a list of your favorite memories from your relationship and share them with each other over a glass of wine.
Try New Things
Trying new things is a great way to keep a relationship exciting. Use your imagination to really get creative so that the spark may never die.
· Try a new sport or physical activity. Examples might be snowboarding, CrossFit, scuba diving, or paragliding.
· If sports aren't your thing, try something mellow like a couples massage class. This is a great date idea and the knowledge you gain can be used for another date idea down the road.
· Attend a couples cooking class. Find a class that specializes in couples cooking and get to cook food together and then enjoy it in candlelight.
Don't Take Each Other For Granted
One very important thing in a marriage is to never take each other for granted. Do some romantic things for each other that let the other person know that you really appreciate them.
· Light some candles, pour some wine, and exchange your ABC's. Both of you will write what you love about each other using every letter in the alphabet. So for me I would say about Marvin, A- Always there for me; B- Best kisses ever, etc.
· Write a poem for each other and then exchange them. It can be a short funny poem or a long romantic poem.
· Buy seven cards for seven straight days and give your spouse a new card in the morning. It is a great way to start off the day positively.
No talk about dating ideas for married couples would be complete without reminding you to keep it sexy. Just because you are married doesn't give you permission to sit around in your sweats every night eating bonbons.
· Every now and then take a shower together. Make it into a hot date by lighting candles instead of using the regular light.
· If you have a pool in your backyard, go swimming in the middle of the night. If you don't have a pool, sneak down to the lake or beach.
· Send a naughty text to your spouse and then act it out later.
The fact that you took the time to read this article lets me know you want to keep your relationship exciting. Keep up the good work and try these ideas out.
Michele is a Marriage Proposal and Date Planner. She owns The Heart Bandits and has been featured in the NY Times, Globe & Mail, Daily Mail, Fox News, Houston Chronicle, and Orange County Register. Contact The Heart Bandits to have them plan your romantic date or marriage proposal. For more information about The Heart Bandits, visit www.theheartbandits.com
Follow Michele Velazquez on Twitter: www.twitter.com/theheartbandits