Cropped pants are one easy way to incorporate spring into your April wardrobe, even if it's still chilly enough for a jacket.
1. First and foremost, find a basic black pair with a comfortable cut. See it here.
2. If you're long-waisted, tuck a slim black tee into these belted khaki pants ($90) for a flattering proportion.
3. A good spring substitute for wool trousers, these lightweight pants ($40, were $58) are a steal for office attire.
4. Paige Black Label's skinny ankle pants ($230) are fancy enough for evening, especially with metallic sandals.
5. The café capri ($79.50) from J. Crew has a classic, clean-cut fit and comes in eight preppy colors.
Follow Michelle Madhok on Twitter: www.twitter.com/shefinds