Everyone knows that living with a toddler isn't all fun and games. In fact, I've spent a fair amount of time whining about the fact that it's NO fun and games.
Today I'm going to let you in on a little secret: it's SOME fun and games.
A lot of it is stressful and loud and crowded and dirty, but the good parts make it all worth it. So, no: living with a toddler is NOT like being in prison (except when it is). It's actually more like going to an amusement park.
Allow me to explain...
13 Ways Living With a Toddler Is Like
Going to an Amusement Park
- You've never been more sticky.
- Everything around you is loud and brightly colored.
- Your company has four moods: hyper, perky, hyper-perky and screaming.
- People are constantly asking for things they can't have.
- It costs a fortune.
- You really want a leash, but it seems inappropriate.
- A good 45 to 65 percent of your day involves taking pictures.
- The music. DEAR GOD SOMEONE STOP THE MUSIC.
- You really want a drink, but it seems inappropriate.
- You're surrounded by stuffed animals, some of which can talk, some of which are terrifying.
- There's a better-than-average chance that someone is going to throw up.
- You're always amazed more people don't get seriously injured.
- At the end of the day, your feet are killing you from walking, your back is killing you from carrying things/people and your mouth is killing you from smiling.
Read more from Mike Julianelle on his blog, Dad and Buried.
HuffPost Entertainment is your one-stop shop for celebrity news, hilarious late-night bits, industry and awards coverage and more — sent right to your inbox six days a week. Learn more