1. Everything I need is within me.
2. There is only now. The past is over. The future is a dream.
3. Love is the only game in town.
4. It's easy to forget. But it's also easy to remember.
5. Eventually I have to let go (so why not let go now?).
6. Everything changes.
7. I am not the doer.
8. It feels good to give away stuff I don't really need.
9. I am never more than a breath away from fulfillment.
10. It's a huge help to have a teacher -- especially one I love.
11. Everything happens for the best.
12. Life is a gift.
13. I can't clean a muddy pond by poking at it with a stick.
14. Every time I point a finger, there are three pointing back at me.
15. "First effort, then grace." -- Prem Rawat
16. It's a blessing to serve.
17. I am not here to teach anybody anything. I am here to love and the love will do the teaching.
18. There will never be peace on Earth until the people on Earth are at peace.
19. Worry is optional.
20. When I stop projecting my stuff on the universe, I begin to really enjoy life.
21. Marriage is a yoga.
22. Life is not supposed to be a struggle.
23. Ain't nothing like the real thing, baby.
24. Doubt is a killer. Give up doubt.
25. "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like bananas." -- Anthony G. Oettinger
26. I am not taking anything with me that I don't already have.
27. Don't take myself so seriously.
28. Life is not what I think.
29. Take more time to smell the roses (and plant some, too).
30. There is a feeling deep within me that is absolutely exquisite.
31. Chop wood. Carry water. Floss.
32. There is a difference between desire and longing. Desire is wanting what I don't have. Longing is wanting what I do.
33. The world appears more beautiful the more beautiful I feel.
34. Thirst is a good thing.
35. Let go of letting go. Then let go of that, too.
36. There is nothing to be afraid of.
37. Drink more champagne.
38. Trust that which is trustworthy.
39. Stretch more.
40. Don't turn my point of view into a religion.
41. Be kinder.
42. Get enough rest.
43. I don't really need anyone's approval.
44. I am not a victim. No one has power over me.
45. I am responsible (and so are you).
46. Money is not the root of all evil. Ignorance is the root of all evil.
47. Most conversations are about the past, the future, or unfinished business.
48. Strawberry fields forever.
49. When I'm not on the path, it's razor thin. When I'm on the path, it's a million miles wide.
50. "One man's ceiling is another man's floor." -- Paul Simon
51. All masters have said the same thing in different ways.
52. Everything I need is coming to me, and I already have everything I need.
53. Keep it simple.
54. We're all in this together.
55. When a pickpocket meets a saint, all he sees are pockets.
56. Ideas are sometimes more than ideas. They are inspirations from the beyond.
57. We all have a story to tell. Let's tell it already.
58. Learn from my mistakes.
59. Enjoy this "come as you are" party.
60. The goal is not perfection. The goal is to become fully awake.
61. Say yes!
62. I can only take one breath at a time.
63. Life is a dance.
64. I am both the center of the universe and an extremely small particle of dust.
65. Drink more water.
66. The people I don't like often teach me more than my friends.
67. I am a nobleman. My father is the king.
68. Life is not so much about the what, but the how.
69. Be careful not to get addicted to my own story.
70. When I meet the Buddha on the road, ask him if he wants a foot massage.
71. Celebrate more.
72. Learn how to say no without being negative.
73. Each step is also an arrival.
74. There's nothing wrong with inconsistency. Yes there is.
75. Peace is possible on planet Earth.
76. "Not everything that counts can be counted; and not everything that can be counted, counts." -- Einstein
77. Read all contracts carefully before signing them.
78. The mind is a chicken with its head cut off.
79. Breathe more deeply.
80. Ask for help when I need it.
81. God is in the details.
83. Write a letter, by hand, once in a while.
84. It's not about what others think of me. It's what I think of myself.
85. When I find a pair of pants I really like, buy two.
86. Be the same in a room full of people as I am when I'm all alone.
87. 60 is the new 59.
88. Forgiveness is the fragrance flowers give off when they are trampled on. (Anon)
89. Stop complaining.
90. Treat people to dinner.
91. Listen more deeply.
92. The average life span is 25,500 days.
93. Be happy for others' successes.
94. Gratitude is the most authentic prayer.
95. Don't judge the judgers for judging.
96. Be guided from within.
97. Pause before committing.
98. I have no problems. The only problem I have is thinking I have problems.
99. Every cloud has a silver lining. Every silver lining has a golden lining.
100. Be a field big enough for others to dance in.
101. I can't miss the boat I'm already on.
How about you? What have you learned so far?
Mitch Ditkoff is the Co-Founder and President of Idea Champions, an innovation consulting and training company based in Woodstock, NY. His new book of poetry, Full Moon at Sunrise, makes a good Christmas gift or doorstop. He is also the author of two blogs: The Heart of the Matter and The Heart of Innovation.
Follow Mitch Ditkoff on Twitter: www.twitter.com/mitchditkoff