When you put the most important event of your life in my hands, I take it personally because when you get right down to it, an event is a reflection of style -- YOUR personal style! How will you and your fiancé's personality shine through on your wedding day? How will you make your wedding ABOUT you in ways that will leave long-lasting memories for all of your guests? Here are 12 ways (with 38 more to see here) to leave your fingerprint on your special day.
- When you send your invitations, include a personalized note to each guest. Nothing says, "You're important to us" more than a few words in your handwriting.
- Create your own stamp!
- Mail invitations so that they arrive on a Saturday. Statistics show that social invitations are opened more frequently on Saturdays. And you'll receive RSVPs faster.
- Pick your monogram. It will be great on your invites, your menus and anywhere else you decide to use it.
- Plan an unconventional wedding ceremony start time... 5:23 (Date you met?) 7:04 (Date you got engaged?) 2:13 (Your Grandparent's Wedding Date?)
- Wedding Seating: why do you have to have the traditional seating? Think Round, Arc Shaped, Unique Chairs, Benches. Anything that suits your style
- Have a note or a flower on your parents' chairs for the ceremony.
- Serve wines from the year you met!
- Personalize your sweetheart table with awesome chairs. Get inspiration from vintage-rentals.com and luxeappeal.com or, even better, your parents' dining room chairs and family linens.
- Favors should be edible or usable. Pick your favorite treat that reflects your personalities.
- Dessert stations are all the rage right now. What better way to personalize a dessert station than to ask all of the cooks in your family to provide two dozen cookies or treats of their own.
- Make sure to give your guests a farewell that they'll remember. Think about your favorite morning treats. Get them from your bakery and have every guest leave with a "Breakfast Treat".
It's great to find inspiration on blogs, in magazines, and on Pinterest; but remember, it's about YOU. Your personal touch will be what makes memories for your guests to remember long past the fingerprints on the glasswear.
We’re basically your best friend... with better advice. Learn more