A wedding requires meticulous planning, and you want to leave as little to chance as possible. For years, I have been hearing from my brides that their friends were SURPRISED that they were so relaxed on their wedding day. Here are some of my insider secrets for YOU if you are a bride who has trouble giving up control (for more, click here)
1. Hire experienced professionals. This will be your one and only wedding, but for professionals in the industry, we've had experience in dealing with many difficult situations. We can help you calm your nerves.
2. Turn off your cell phone. Anyone calling you on your wedding day really should be speaking to someone else other than YOU. Hand your cell phone over to one of your trusted attendants.
3. Delegate. When one of your friends asks you, "What can I do?" give them a small task and check it off your list!
4. Do not plan on doing anything other than being a bride. If you're a DIY gal, DIY every other day than your wedding day. Today, you deserve to have everyone else do their thing for you.
5. Focus on looking and feeling great! Your photos and video will stay with you long after your wedding day.
6. Make sure you have a copy of all vendor's cell phone numbers tucked away in case of emergency.
7. Surround yourself with positive people.
8. Have your favorite quote, scripture, or photo framed and on display where you are getting ready. It will help keep you centered and calm.
9. Plan relaxing events in your wedding day timeline. A chair massage before hair and make-up? Absolutely. Your favorite foods for lunch? Yes, please.
10. Remember the meaning of your Big Day. You're beginning your life with the person that you love, and there will be many other days that you'll have the ability to orchestrate every detail. For today, just take the time to LOVE.
Follow Natalie Vishny on Twitter: www.twitter.com/natalievishny