Hangover symptoms can be perceived as collateral damage to a good night out, but they may actually be the result of an allergic reaction to ingredients in alcohol. So how do you tell if you are really allergic to alcohol or just suffering from a normal hangover?
Valentine's Day is a special occasion to celebrate your love with fun and romantic activities. Don't let allergens interfere with the festivities. With a little research and care, you can enjoy a safe, fun and allergy-free Valentine's Day.
In July of 2013, my world changed. That's when my husband and I welcomed a two month old kitten named Tater into our home. He was adorable. He was playful. He was the sole reason I couldn't breathe and was living in an allergy hell.
I am always confused by critics of health care reform who associate freedom with employer-provided health insurance. There is nothing more freeing than having the opportunity to pursue a dream without the worry that you're one accident away from incurring crippling debt.
My husband and I both have cat allergies but took a chance on the myth that this breed of kitten was hypoallergenic. Good news is, my husband hasn't had so much as one allergic sniffle. Bad news? I instantly plummeted into allergy hell.
Despite common thought, spring isn't the only allergy-prone season. As the weather begins to change and fall settles in, many may find themselves experiencing allergies as bad as those they experienced during the spring, and possibly worse.
Hotter weather coupled with higher concentrations of carbon dioxide in the air prompt allergens like ragweed to grow larger and produce more pollen, and the carbon-enriched pollen is more noxious and damaging because it contains more of the chemicals that cause allergic reactions.
Research suggests that exposure to both allergens and viruses increase the likelihood of hospitalization. So what can patients with asthma do to proactively ensure that symptoms don't interfere with their summer activities?
If you catch a child with a finger up his nose, you probably discourage it. But could the "nasty" habit of nose-picking -- and eating it -- be more sanitary and even health-beneficial than we've been taught?