The current news about Anthony Weiner presents a unique problem to Life in the Boomer Lane. Having used all of her best humor in her previous two posts about him, she isn't sure where to run with this latest inability Weiner has, to keep his penis in his pants.
Donald Trump going to Mexico could have had a certain "Nixon goes to China" flavor about it, and he actually was getting some good reviews for crossing the very low bar of "not totally embarrassing himself or his country" -- at least for the first few hours. Then he went to Phoenix, and Mr. Hyde came back out.
Former New York congressman Anthony Weiner, caught sexting again, this time (actually last year) with a self-described Trump and NRA supporter who shared the full details with the always-eager New York tabloid.
Abedin isn't the problem here. She was a married woman who wanted to keep her family intact. Or she loved her husband and wanted to keep him. Or she... wait! Do I really need to list excuses to justify why a married woman stayed with her husband?
Surviving repeated revelations of chronic infidelity is gut-wrenching and humiliating. Yet all too often the betrayed partner is blamed for the other person's bad behavior. Here are five things no one should ever say to Huma Abedin--or any partner going through a similar ordeal.
Huma Abedin has borne scandal well. God bless her, she stood stoic and stony-faced, but she never broke in public. But I for one am grateful that she'...
I haven't heard anybody else say the things I'm about to say to you. With the rapid public lynching of Debbie Wasserman Shultz and her "resignation" ...
The referendum on whether Britain should remain in the European Union delivered a political and economic shocker: 52 percent of voters favored leaving the EU; 48 percent favored staying. The polls, the pundits, and the betting parlours all predicted no "Brexit." The vote would be close, but Britain would remain.
"Weiner" is three things.
When the directors of this film were forced to pick between their allegiance to the man who had given them incredible access or to the audience who expected an honest complex film, they picked the audience.
I feel very safe in saying that Anthony Weiner is one public figure who is not going to make a comeback. And it's not because the public won't forgive him again (they might) but because his name is catnip squared to the city's headline writers. The Daily News and the New York Post vied gleefully for the best front pages, things like "Weiner Sticks It Out" and "Obama to Weiner: Beat It."
Josh Kriegman and Elyse Steinberg expected to make a documentary about a comeback when Anthony Weiner ran for mayor of New York two years after resigning his Congressional seat in disgrace over a sexting scandal.
Really? Anthony Weiner wants unconditional love. This big baby, as he appears for real in Josh Kriegman and Elyse Steinberg's entertaining documentary...
Like most documentaries, Weiner won't blow you away with its cinematography or production value. But it's packed full of the most important currency documentaries can possess that scripted films can't provide: access.
Weiner raises the train-wreck documentary to new heights. Josh Kriegman and Elyse Steinberg's all-access view of the downward spiral of Anthony Weine...