Writing about your child who has died is a deeply moving and profound experience. For over three years I wrote in the early morning hours before anyone was awake. I scribbled thoughts down in my car as I waited to pick up my daughter. The act of writing gave order to my newly chaotic life without my son.
Leah was only 23 years old when her mother and father died from accidental carbon monoxide poisoning leaking from a water heater in their home in Africa in 2007. Though their deaths were sudden, shocking and devastating, Leah has developed, thrived and maintained a close connection to their memories.