Incorporate this "move of the day" into your regular exercise regimen or just take a few minutes to give it a try. Each day will be a different move, so you can do each one back to back or individually. Performing this one move each day will add up and you will begin to see noticeable changes in your body and an improved mental focus!
How it works: Hold the position for 5-10 deep breathes on each side. Repeat as many times as desired throughout the day.
Equipment required: Yoga mat
- Improves mobility in the hips
- Stretches the chest and shoulders
- Can help improve digestion
- Strengthens legs and core
How to do it:
- Stand with feet slightly wider than hip-width. Turn right toes out and left toes slightly inward. Bring both arms up to shoulder height.
- Hinge forward at your hips as you bring torso toward the front leg. Slowly drop right hand down to rest on the leg (above or below the knee). Extend left arm directly above shoulder.
- Spiral ribcage to the left as you lift up through your chest.