The warm temps and summer travel plans are bound to bring out the shorts. While some may have been working out all winter in preparation for this moment, not everyone may be on that same page. Fortunately, it's not going to take you all summer to get your legs in tip top shape to rock the short shorts.
This workout is designed to sculpt your thighs, hamstrings and rear. Once you have completed the entire routine, rest for 30 seconds then repeat three more times. Incorporate this workout three times into your weekly routine. You will be strutting your stuff in no time!
You will need: One set of 10-20 pound dumbbells
1. Hold weights at shoulder height. Keep elbows up and shoulder blades drawn together. Bend knees, shift hips back and lower down until thighs come close to parallel with the floor.
2. Drive through the ball of your big toe to come all the way back to standing. Keep your chest lifted and core engaged the entire time.
1. Hold one dumbbell at chest height. Take a big step out with right foot, toes facing forward. Bend right knee, shift hips back and lower down. Maintain a straight left leg.
2. Press foot off the ground to come back to standing. Perform 10 reps each side.
1. Hold one dumbbell at chest height. Take a big step back with right leg. Deeply bend both knees making sure left knee is directly over ankle.
2. Come back to standing, keeping chest up and core engaged the entire time. Perform 10 reps on each side.
1. Stand with feet wider than hip-width. Turn right toes out and left toes inward. Deeply bend right knee, keeping left leg straight.
2.Extend both arms up to shoulder height and gaze over right fingertips. Take 10 slow deep breaths before switching sides.
1. Assume the warrior II position stated above. Hinge forward at hips and slowly lift left leg off the ground. Bring left leg up to hip height and torso parallel with the ground.
2. Extend both arms out from shoulders. Engage glutes and core the entire time. Hold for 10 deep breaths each side.