Lindsay Lohan's lovely courtroom manicure was applied with an airbrush by a salon professional and cost more than your car payment. But don't despair -- you can re-create her passive-aggressive nails for a fraction of the cost in the comfort of your own home.
What you'll need:
- Pastel nail polish. You want a dainty, feminine background for your foul language.
- Foam or a porous sponge. KONAD makes a sponge specifically for nail art, but even an eyeshadow applicator will work.
- A nail polish pen or fine-point marker. I used a Sharpie.
- Sobriety. You need a steady hand for nail art, and that means no LiLo-level drug or alcohol binges.
- Paint your nails white or a very pale shade.
- Drip nail polish onto a paper plate or other flat surface.
- Dip your sponge onto the droplet and dab onto the nail for a tie-dyed effect.
- Repeat with other nail colors.
- Scrawl the obscene message of your choice on your middle finger.
- Flash your nails at law enforcement, the judicial system, and estranged father figures. Seal with top coat.
The Orly, Essie, and Konad brand nail products used in this post are available at beauty supply stores nationwide.